(If you don't like the music, scroll down and you can control it on the right side. But I like it, so there! )

Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'm Going to Die

John has been talking about this fitness program for some time. Now, let me tell you about John and fitness. Several years ago, he decided he wanted to go back to the Marine Corps, but he had gotten fat as a civilian. So he did this diet I could never do. I watched him to be sure he wasn't doing himself any harm, and he was very healthful about it. He just was very strict on what he would put into his body. And he started out walking, disappointed that he couldn't run like he used to. But gradually, he could do more and more. What started out as him getting winded just by walking a mile ended with him running 5 miles twice a day. He lost almost 80 pounds in 4 months. Oh my God, was he HOT! And women would stare at us, which made me insecure, and so I started back to swimming. I got up to swimming 70 laps twice a day while John was running. Enter Zach. And bedrest.

So back to this fitness program: unless you live under a rock, you've probably heard of it. P90X.
Hahaha. Yeah.
John wanted it. He woke me up to show me the infomercial. I bought it. It came.

It scares the crap out of me.

There are 13 dvds. It is designed so you can do it in your home with just a pull-up bar, resistance bands, and weights. Simple enough. Not. We previewed it and it is no fricken joke!

I don't know what I was thinking. Well, yes I do. I was thinking we would start this and by this time next week, I would be gorgeous. And thin. And ripped.

I'm still going to try like hell. It takes some planning. There is a nutrition plan and everything, so we have to prepare. I have to purge the junk food from the house. I have to go to the store and replace said junk with healthier things to eat. I have to read these books that are included so I know what the hell I'm doing. But we are going to do this. I spent $160 on it. We have to!

If interested, you can follow my progress here.

No comments:

Post a Comment