(If you don't like the music, scroll down and you can control it on the right side. But I like it, so there! )

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Haven't Done This in Years

When I was a little kid, I used to play putt-putt all of the time (errrr, miniature golf, depending on where you live). I can even remember the jingle from the commercial for our local course: "Putt-putt-putt-putt-putt-For-the-fun-of-it....." Yesterday, we were bored after going out to dinner, and headed to the neighborhood park. Well our neighbors I don't like were there, so we literally did an about-face and left, much to Evan's dismay. We couldn't figure out what to do, yet somehow we ended up at a putt-putt course. Evan had only been one time before, so he was thrilled. The outing really was about pleasing him, so in that, it was a success. But truthfully, the whole family had fun. Zach pretty much chilled in his stroller, fascinated by the bright lights overhead. John and I did what we always do when it comes to any game: fierce competition. You would have thought it was an Olympic event for which we had trained our whole lives. And Evan made friends with the teen couple one hole in front of us, despite my delicate explanation that they were on a date. (Of course John whispered in my ear about Ev "c###-blocking", and I about died with laughter, though Evan doesn't know and will never need to know what Daddy said.) But anyhow, much to John's dismay, I kept getting holes in one, and Evan made it his mission to alert the staff each time, even though I told him he didn't need to. So we ended up leaving with a handful of tickets for either discounted or free games. John got a couple of them, but he was killing me by making the Shooter McGavern move from Happy Gilmore each time. But regardless, fun was had by all, and I think we will have to do that again!















No comments:

Post a Comment